CLICK HERE to read the school's Equality Statement in full.
CLICK HERE to view the DfE Equality Act 2010 guidance in full.
At Ashmole Primary School, our aim is to enable all pupils to take part as fully as possible in every part of school life by developing each child’s self-confidence, recognising their strengths and encouraging them to achieve their full potential.
We are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity across all the protected characteristics (age, race, gender reassignment, disability, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity, gender, sexual orientation) within the school community.
Equality in Teaching and Learning
At Ashmole, we provide all our pupils with the opportunity to succeed and to reach the highest level of personal achievement; we aim to do this by:
- Ensuring equality of access for all pupils and preparing them for life in a diverse society
- Using a variety of approaches, and planning reasonable adjustments for disabled pupils, enabling our pupils to take as full a part as possible in all the activities of the school
- Actively encourage positive attitudes towards pupils and staff, and expect everyone to treat others with dignity and respect
- Providing opportunities for pupils to appreciate their own culture and celebrate the diversity of other cultures
- Seeking to involve all parents in supporting their child’s education
Equality in Admissions and Exclusions
At Ashmole, our admissions arrangements are fair and transparent and do not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, religion, belief, disability and/or socio-economic background.
Equal Opportunities for Staff
At Ashmole, all staff appointments and promotions are made on the basis of merit and ability and in compliance with the law. We are keen to ensure that the staffing of the school reflects the diversity of our community.